An automatic packaging machine is a machine used to secure packaged products, which involves primary packaging, secondary packaging, and the distribution of products. The packaging process includes cleaning, feeding, filling, sealing, labeling, packaging and weighing, etc. The market is primarily user-centric and driven by the growing demand for various products in different sizes and shapes. Therefore, many product companies prefer to use machines that are flexible and can adapt to changing packaging formats.
The “GLOBAL PACKAGING MACHINERY MARKET – GROWTH, TRENDS, COVID-19 IMPACT, AND FORECASTS” report predicts that by 2030, the global packaging equipment market size is expected to reach US$66.14 billion, with a CAGR of 4.6% during the forecast period.
Market development trend:
1. The COVID-19 pandemic has driven market growth, especially the rapid growth in demand for food and beverage and pharmaceutical packaging machines. Because of the surge in demand for various foods and medicines, companies in related fields are working day and night to meet the growing demand.
- The changing lifestyle and consumption habits of consumers have contributed to the rapid increase in demand for processed and convenience food and beverage products. Food packaging automation is now also an indispensable production tool for many companies in the food sector, as high technology can increase productivity to a certain extent and provide security without human intervention. In the early days, many food manufacturing factories used manual packaging to package food, but this method would slow down the overall production speed and pose food safety risks.
- Therefore, most food packaging companies have realized automation on the food packaging assembly line, and packaging through various packaging machines, which not only saves time and money, but also improves production efficiency, and makes the entire production process run more smoothly.
- Based on the increasing demand for drugs in BRICS and MIST countries, the biopharmaceutical industry has developed significantly in the past ten years. The development of new generic drugs and medicines is also boosting the growth of the pharmaceutical industry. Coupled with the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic in recent years, people’s demand for various medicines and healthcare products has also grown rapidly. Therefore, the demand for medicine/health product packaging machines has also increased.
2. The concept of environmental protection and sustainable development has promoted the growth of demand for thin and light packaging, thereby reducing the number of packaging materials used. To meet these packaging requirements, the packing machine factory began to focus on R&D and upgrading its machine products, hoping to maximize the production speed while also adapting to those more fragile and thinner packaging materials.
3. Companies pay more attention to individualized and differentiated development. They hope to attract customer’s attention and enhance their brand effect through packaging differentiation (including the use of unique shapes, sizes, and packaging materials). Therefore, many companies are increasingly inclined to unique packaging styles, thereby promoting product growth. The packing machine manufacturers have also begun to upgrade related models of machine products. All-bloom Intelligent Equipment（APM’GT） also includes a variety of special-shaped liquid packaging machines, which are suitable for the special-shaped packaging of various liquid products.
4. The launch of new products has long been a major trend in packaging machinery. The demand for more packaged products in various fields is constantly increasing and requires that the packing machines in the packaging line meet the requirements in terms of energy efficiency, safety, and hygiene standards. Many machine manufacturers are committed to focusing on research and development to upgrade automation solutions for high-precision packaging, launching new and enhanced products to meet customer needs. For example, All-bloom Intelligent Equipment (APM’GT) has upgraded the product to the original model based on the high requirements of the pharmaceutical and healthcare product industries for product packaging, and successfully developed the GH600 series. This series of products are more stable and efficient and can meet the health and safety requirements of related industries.
Although the world economy has fluctuated greatly due to the impact of the epidemic in recent years, which has also reduced the purchase demand for machinery products in some industries, we believe that it will develop better in the future and usher in a new era.